FISHING CONDITIONS ON LAKES CADILLAC AND MITCHELL
FROM PILGRIM VILLAGE FISHING SHOP
MONDAY MAY 22, 2017
We've had a lot of weather in the last week. Strong winds producing white caps have made getting out in boats and even fishing from shore difficult. During the evenings when the wind calms down has been the best time to get out.
When the wind isn't blowing you off the lakes they are starting to get Crappie in shallower water. Bobber fishing with minnows or small jigs has been the most productive way to put fish in the boat. As the weather warms up soon we will start seeing Bluegills and Bass on their beds. Catch and keep Bass season opens up Saturday, May 27. You can still fish for them before Saturday as long as you immediately release them.
Walleye fishing has still been good. Trolling with planer boards with crankbaits and crawler harnesses has been working best. During daylight hours the fish are being caught in deeper water but after sunset many of the fish are being caught in as little as 3 feet as they move in shallow to feed.
Zack Bredeueg waited until the wind died down on Saturday and trolled up this nice 24" Walleye from Lake Mitchell on a Crawler harness.
We don't see to many Master Angler Walleyes in our shop, so this was a real treat! Fishing at Tippy Dam for Steelhead Rob Kellogg hooked into this 31" 11.85lb Monster. He hooked it on a fly tipped with a waxworm.
The 6th annual Catching Crappies for a Cure will be broadcast on Michigan Out of Doors on Thursday at 8:30 p.m.
The 6th Annual Pilgrim Village Free Summer Fishing Contest starts this Saturday May 27th and runs to September 11th.
1. NO ENTRY FEE!
2. Fish must be caught in Michigan. All Michigan laws and regulations apply.
3. Prizes will be awarded by length. (Ties determined by weight)
4. No frozen fish, sunken eyes or white gills accepted.
5. You must allow a picture of you with your fish for verification. (Pictures will be used on our website with contest standings)
6. Fish must be measured at Pilgrim Village Fishing Shop.
7. All prizes will be awarded in the form of Gift Certificates. (not good for licenses)
8. You may win only ONE category.
9. You are responsible for your own safety and property.
IF YOU WANT TO SEE PICTURES IN OUR FISHING REPORT YOU HAVE TO BRING IN YOUR FISH!
We've been busy getting the shop ready for the Spring season. Come and see our floor to ceiling selection of fishing tackle!
Wondering about live bait? We carry:
- Perch minnows
- Sucker minnows
- Golden Shiners
- Wax Worms
- Red and White spikes
- Night Crawlers
And to keep your exotic pets alive we carry:
Michigan Darkhouse Angler Association
Michigan's Hooks and Bullets Magazine at
For BBT Tournament standings go to
For The Tear Drop Bass Tournament standings go to